SafetyBRYCON is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. This is one of our core values. An 'INJURY FREE' project is essential to success in today's business environment. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work place. The "proof" of this can be found in a number called the EMR, or the Experience Modifier Rate, which indicates the effectiveness of an operation's safety and training programs. BRYCON's EMR for 2008 was .57, well below the industry standard. BRYCON's EMR for 2009 was 0.60. For 2010, it is 0.64. Safety isn't a goal at BRYCON, it is a core commitment.
OUR SAFETY PROGRAM
BRYCON has several systems in place designed to promote and encourage safety:
• A comprehensive Environmental, Health & Safety Program
• Safety Managers committed to exceeding industry safety standards
• Continuous safety training and educational programs
• Daily management safety inspections
• Daily and weekly jobsite safety meetings with all project stakeholders to include owners, subcontractors and BRYCON project team members
• Safety Orientation Programs for new employees
• Incentive programs rewarding safe employees
• An aggressive Drug and Alcohol Policy
• Employee background checks
BRYCON adheres to an IIFE policy, which stands for Incident and Injury Free Environment. Our top management has set a goal of zero incidents or injuries on every job BRYCON performs. We proactively plan our projects to ensure we meet our safety goals. In addition, we have a team of Safety managers, who plan site-specific safety plans and offer site-specific pre-task planning depending on the work to be accomplished.
BRYCON has established a system of incentives to promote safety awareness and to rewards employees for achieving a good safety record. Through our Safety Incentive Program the company pays safety bonuses to all field employees when the company's total workforce meets the expected standards.
Our Safety Program educates, motivates, and encourages everyone within BRYCON to understand that safety is our top priority. Safety is never sacrificed for any reason.